Wednesday, October 30, 2013

All I Want for Christmas

Since Halloween will officially be out of the way in less than 36 hours, my mind can't help but drift to Thanksgiving.  Food, family, fellowship...  My family has a tradition of going to see a movie on Thanksgiving night!  We eat our meal around lunch time each year, so by the evening time we've worn off enough of our food coma that we can indulge in popcorn and a blockbuster.  Since my birthday is around Thanksgiving each year, I adore the month of November and the Thanksgiving holiday.  However, I'd be remiss to say that my mind doesn't focus on Christmas the entire time!  Skip decorating for Thanksgiving {who does that?!}.  The minute Halloween is over and November 1st strikes, Christmas decorations are adorning my humble abode.  I want them to be up as long as humanly possible, so I make no qualms about starting the Christmas season off right.

With the most wonderful time of the year at our heels, I thought it might be fun to do a little Christmas gift guide!  I picked a few of my favorite designers/sites, and put together a list of affordable, yet totally give-worthy gifts.  {I've also included the links to each gift - You see, I'm a firm believer that Santa needs some help putting a few extra lovelies under the tree for me each year.  I may or may not treat myself, wrap presents, and denote them "To Katie, Love Santa."  You're welcome for the idea!}

If your little heart doesn't just flutter at the site of this precious coffee mug, well then you must not have a heart.  How fun would this be to give a sweet friend for Christmas, filled with some of her favorite candy or maybe a fun pair of earrings?!  At just $20, my main homie Kate Spade did us a grand ol' favor.

Speaking of Kate Spade, how about gifting one of your dearest gal pals with this adorable bow ring?!  The bow is a Kate Spade signature, and you just really can't go wrong.  I was in Kansas City on a weekend trip about a year ago, and decided I was going to divvy out no more than $50 for a fun little souvenir to remember the trip by.  Enter, my Kate Spade "spade" ring - it's basically identical to the bow ring with its gold tone and pave accents, but just has tiny little spades in place of the bow.  I absolutely, positively love it.  The best $48 I've likely ever spent!  It's sweet and dainty, and goes with anything and everything.  This adorable bow ring also rings in at $48, but the Kate Spade site offers free nationwide shipping, so it's a win for you!  They also offer free returns, but let's be honest....  Who could want to return this gorgeous little thing?!

And, because I just really can't get enough of Kate Spade, take a peek at this colorful coffee table book!  Who wouldn't just love to have this sitting on their coffee table for all the world to see?!  A great gift for the fashion-conscious gals, this book rings in at just $40.

Onto one of my other faves - Tory Burch!  What girl do you know that wouldn't just love this tortoise Tory cuff?!  I'm dying over it.  What a statement piece!  What I most love about Tory Burch is her knack for timelessness.  All of her pieces are effortlessly flawless, and of the very best quality.  At just $50, Tory Burch hit the nail on the head with this precious gift!

If I was dying any more over these Pottery Barn mirrored dresser-top trays, I'm just not quite sure what I'd do with myself.  This is truly a gift that any girl would cherish forever.  With two options for size and price {$39-59}, you even have the option to have these beauties monogrammed.  How great would this be to set on your nightstand or vanity for your daily-wear jewelry?!  I seriously couldn't love these things anymore.  The temptation to buy one for myself is just too great.  I LOVE the oblong shaped one pictured below, but also really can't get over the cuteness of the tiny square-shaped option! {either way - I'd have to include my monogram, of course}  Receiving this as a gift would ensure a BFF status for LIFE!  One or both of these trays need to come live with me.  Now.

Back to Kate.  I've decided these Keds for Kate Spade are my newest obsession.  I'm sorry, but who doesn't love these?!  If you raised your hand, we just really can't be friends.  They come in a few different color options, but this gold glitter option is obviously the most fabulous choice.  I'd much rather spend $85 on these than on some boring old tennis shoe!

I can attest to how fabulous these Lilly Pulitzer tumblers are!  I own one and love it.  Sadly, I recently broke the straw that goes in mine :(  These are much taller than your average tumbler, so I've not been able to find a replacement straw to date.  Since these beauties are only $15 a pop, I'm thinking this cute elephant one should come live with me!  These make GREAT gifts, as I received mine as a gift and just absolutely adore it.

Anthropologie is just a go-to for fabulous gifts.  How about these precious paisley PJ pants?!  I love the wide array of colors and they just look so comfy.  At just under $50, they're pretty pricey for some jammie pants.  You could likely find something similar at Target for much less.  Their Gilligan & O'Malley brand sleepwear is divine.  I just couldn't pass up sharing these beauties for your viewing pleasure!
 

 
What are some of your favorite gifts to give your gal pals or the girls in your family?!  How about those who are hardest to buy for?!  Leave your ideas and suggestions in the comments :) Be blessed today! xoxo
 


1 comment: