Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Re-Hash

Good Monday morning to ya, bloggy land!  How was your weekend?!  Mine was spent mostly trying to kick the very last of this yucky sickness I've had going on for the past month. 

Friday night I came home, opened the windows, and lit my very favorite fall candle - Leaves by White Barn Candle Co {found at Bath & Body Works}.  The pups certainly didn't mind some snuggle time and a very early bedtime!

Saturday morning I was in no hurry to crawl out of bed.  Once I finally did, I made a yummy breakfast, enjoyed my coffee, and watched a little Saturday morning TV before getting up and around.

It was fairly yucky outside with a chance of rain.  A "CHANCE" of rain was all I needed to break out my Hunter wellies! ;)  I paired them with leggings, a comfy t-shirt, cheetah print, cardi, scarf, and my glasses for a day of errands.


I had to run an errand to the car dealership, which meant a little trip to Fort Smith.  A sweet friend had seen me post the picture of my breakfast on Instagram and made a joke about how I should come see her at work - she works for a little local boutique called Suite One and works most Saturdays {something that us non-weekend workers totally pity!}.  So, I was inspired to do a little surprising on my Saturday!  I put together a little gift to let my baby sister know that I'm "SOAP proud of her" {get it?!} and made a stop by a local bakery to grab a few cupcakes.  I dropped one by to Allie at Suite One - a "SUITE" treat;)  While it was nothing big, the act of spreading a little kindness on a Saturday sure set the tone for my weekend!



While I was in Suite One, I snagged this precious little piggy necklace.  A girl's got to support her Hogs {even if they are absolutely, terribly miserable this year....}

I'd gotten an email Saturday morning that everything at one of my very favorite boutiques, Riffraff, was 50% off.  So, naturally, I headed to Northwest Arkansas!  My first stop was Riffraff where I got this precious and hilarious pillow.  Stay tuned to see how I incorporate it into my home!

After my little shopping excursion, the rest of the day was spent watching football and the Cardinals/Red Sox game.  Those Cardinals nearly gave me a heart attack, I tell ya!

Sunday morning before church started off right with a little blueberry cake donut {& maybe a jalapeno cheddar kolache?!  I'll never tell....} 

Sunday was another rest day, filled with a family lunch, a few errands, and lots of time on my couch.

What did you do this weekend?!  Have a wonderful Monday, lovelies! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment