Monday, October 21, 2013

You Should Win an Instagrammy

I think I might've mentioned this before, but I'm sort of a rookie in the world of Instagram.  For years, my friends made fun of me for not being on Insta.  When I finally decided to take the plunge, there was just no turning back.  I just can't get enough!  A social media vehicle that is based on PICTURES?!  Count.  Me.  In.  I'm that girl who always has my camera in your face, so I'm convinced that Instagram changed my life.  Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic?

Anyway, my new car has XM Radio.  HOW did I live almost 25 years without that?!  I've heard this song on XM several times that has a line that says something along the lines of "you should win an Instagrammy."  I crack up.  Every time. 

Henceforth, I bring you:  my week via Instagram.


I had a serious craving for pizza last week, so I decided to make some!  This was, quite possibly, the cheesiest, pepperoni-est pizza ever created.  And it was delish...
 
 
 When I got my car, it had something like 45 miles on it.  When I hit 100 miles on Sunday, I had to document it with a picture.  It's almost like a child, except I promise I wasn't annoying enough to Instagram this milestone.
 
 
 
The weather has {finally} gotten chilly in Arkansas - hallelujah!  Said chilly weather has made my sweet little once-bloomless mums become FULL of pretty blooms.  It makes me smile every time!  I think the next fun little fall addition is pumpkins?  Although I'm dying to decorate for Christmas ASAP, so pumpkins might soon be irrelevant at the Kidwell household...


I got styled for the Hazel's Haven fashion show on Tuesday and subsequently spent time packing shoes on Wednesday evening.  A girl needs options, y'all!  {although I ended up wearing those gorg Sam Edelman cheetah print heels pictured on the bottom left}


Thursday was the big show!  Both my mom and Caitlin {and Caitlin's husband who surprised us by coming home early from a business trip} came to watch, and luckily we got there around 5:15 to get a booth in the bar before the place got packed-out.  The show started at 6:00 but I was in the last group of girls to model, so we got to spend some time just chatting and snacking on appetizers.  {Thanks to Caitlin, I'm now in love with the green bean fries at TGI Fridays - yummo!}  I absolutely loved the dress I wore AND the jewelry that Meagan styled with it.  As a model in the show, I got a discount on my next purchase, so I went in on Friday at lunch to buy this pretty little frock.  I'm thrilled to be able to pair it with a blazer for work!  Because of the midi-length, it'll be perfect for these chilly fall temps.  Don't forget to check out Hazel's Haven and score yourself something pretty! 



At lunch time on Friday, a few co-workers took me for a "going away" luncheon!  I got a new job recently, and will be with my current company for just two more weeks.  Let the celebrations ensue!  After our lunch, I stopped by a local spot to grab one of the very BEST strawberry milkshakes on the planet.  Love me some Bruce Terri!



Friday night my sister Olivia came into town for a few hours for a late family birthday celebration.  She goes to college at a university that's about 1.5 hours away, so she didn't get to be home on her actual birthday.  We decided on family dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant and then had my mama's famous chocolate cherry cake and opened presents back at home afterwards.  Olivia thought it would be funny to put the happy birthday hat on me - Instagram opp, of course! ;)  Ole!

My other sister, Maggie, painted this canvas for one of Olivia's birthday presents.  She's a Phi Mu at Arkansas Tech University, so Maggie incorporated her letters into this precious canvas.  I just absolutely love it!  Creative sistas, I tell ya.

Of course, I got some sweet snuggles from my mama's goldendoodle before and after dinner.  Meet Major :)


Friday night and Saturday morning were freezing cold, so I wasn't terribly motivated to get out of bed OR away from my couch.  Sweet Henley gave mama some Saturday morning lovins before I spent the day running errands.


Saturday night my mama and I went for a celebratory dinner at my favorite local restaurant, 21 West End.  Their Lemon Pomegranate Martini, crab cakes, Caesar salad, and Chilean Sea Bass are TO DIE FOR.  If you're local, you've GOT to try this place out!  My gal pals and I love this spot for girls nights.  If you're NOT local, come visit.  I'll take any excuse to go for a 21 'tini ;)  They've got the largest selection of martinis I've ever seen!  If you're not up for dinner there, I'd suggest stopping by for a dessert martini - they've got everything from watermelon and lemon drop to dreamsicle and chocolate covered strawberry.  The owner is just a fabulous person, the service is fantastic, and the atmosphere is phenomenal.  I've hosted more than one business event there, and they've just done an outstanding job.  You will not be disappointed with this little treasure of a place!



My sweet, sweet mama surprised me with this adorable gift as a little "happy" for my new job.  Before I opened it, she said "this just says it all!"  I'm so blessed by her and absolutely love the sweet gift!  I've already got the perfect spot picked out to display this pretty.


Sunday morning, we went to church at then had lunch at my mama's house.  Afterwards I ran a few errands which included a trip to Target.  If you are in the market for any comfy, inexpensive basics then make sure you take the trip to Target this week!  I picked up a cute, solid-colored light sweater to layer under vests and even got another little tunic top that is just SO comfy!  While I'm not one to shop for clothes at Target, I just couldn't pass these up for the price. 

Yesterday I also threw together a batch of my chocolate chip cookies for an afternoon cookout.  If you're a chocolate chip cookie fan, you've got to try these out!



Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 2 sticks butter
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 package instant vanilla pudding
  • 2.5 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar, brown sugar, butter (at room temp or melted), and eggs.
  3. Add pudding mix and vanilla extract.  Combine well.
  4. Mix together flour and baking soda, and add to the butter/sugar mixture.
  5. Stir in chocolate chips.
  6. Bake (at 350) for 9-10 minutes.  These cookies may look "undone" after those 9-10 minutes, but they are supposed to look that way - Leave them in any longer, and the bottoms will burn!  Once you remove from the oven, allow cookies to sit on the hot pan for at least 1 minute.  Remove and allow to cool on racks.



1 comment:

  1. I can only pray if I attempt these cookies that they are as good as yours! YUM. Love you sweet friend - green bean fries soon?

    ReplyDelete