Friday, May 16, 2014

Yet Another Hiatus

Back again!  Life happens, I tell ya.

Life these days has been leaving me to choose between spending my extra time blogging, and spending my extra time CrossFitting.  Henceforth, since bikini season is upon us...  CrossFit it is!  However, I love the idea of using this little space on the web to document these stages of my life.  When I look back on these posts some day, I assume they'll bring me smiles.

So, here's what's happening in the life of Katie Kidwell.

In March, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Everything happened so quickly, yet it seemed that we were living in slow motion.  Long story short, after a lumpectomy, radiation, and oral chemo...  Here we are!  She has officially been deemed 'cancer free,' but will stay on oral chemo for the next five years with frequent trips to her oncologist for check-ups.  She's a strong lady, and I'm so proud!  Through all of this, she graduated as an Occupational Therapy Assistant, and will soon start her career.  What a fun new chapter!  Here we are {mama, sisters, & I}, on our way to Tulsa for my mama's lumpectomy.


After mom's surgery, I decided I wanted to do something monumental to honor her.  I'm not sure if it's considered borderline crazy or incredibly brave, but I signed up for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 10K.  Yes, that says 10K.  Y'all....  I hadn't run 6 miles in a row in YEARS.  Yes, I did CrossFit...  I DO CrossFit.  But after I started my new job, I took a little break.  Like, a 5 month break.  When I signed up for the race, I'd only been back to CrossFit for 1 week.  So, crazy?  Yes.  BUT, I did it!  By golly, we woke up at 4:30, we drove a little over an hour to the race site, and I raced my little heart out.  I was super thrilled with my finish time and absolutely loved the experience!  I've already decided this might be my annual ritual :)


Another big, exciting family milestone.. My little sister graduated from college with her degree in graphic design!  Not only THAT, but she just got a job with Hobby Lobby corporate in Oklahoma City!  That's right, folks.  My sister's designs will be in Hobby Lobby's all over the country.  SO.  STINKING.  PROUD!!!!!!


In other news, my BFF is having her first baby in August.  And it's a GIRL!  HALLELUJAH THANK YA JESUS!  So ready to meet little Lucy :)


Annnnnnd, I'm competing in my first CrossFit competition in June.  Yeah, there's that.  No pictures to accompany.  However, I'll be sure to post near-death pictures after I compete.  I'm exhausted just thinking about it.  BUT still super excited!

Needless to say, I'm blessed beyond belief.  Not sure what I did to deserve such a fabulous family and incredible life!  But, hey...  No complaints here :)

Well, that's all she wrote for now!  See you soon, bloggyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment