Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread

Several of you who know me in real life have already asked for the recipe for the Apple Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread that I posted a picture of yesterday.  I figured if my real-life friends thought it sounded/looked yummy, then maybe my blogger friends might appreciate the recipe too :)


 
 
Apple Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
  • 1 can of Grands Biscuits (I used the butter-flavored flaky kind)
  • 1-1.5 apples, depending on size (I used Granny Smith, but feel free to use your apple of choice!)
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 1 cup sugar, approx.
  • Cinnamon, to taste (I used approximately 2 tbsp. and garnished with even more cinnamon)
 
  1. Preheat your oven to 350.
  2. Spray your pan of choice with butter spray, or grease with butter.  I used a pie pan, but a loaf pan works well also.
  3. Open your can of biscuits and cut each biscuit in half.
  4. In a large bowl, combine your biscuits with sugar and cinnamon. 
  5. Use your hands to coat the biscuit pieces in plenty of sugary-cinnamon goodness.
  6. Using an apple corer, slice your apple.  Leaving the skin on is optional, but I did and it turned out fabulously!
  7. In your pan, alternate biscuit halves with apple slices until the entire pan is covered. 
  8. Sprinkle the remaining sugar and cinnamon on top, and feel free to add even more!
  9. Slice your 1/2 stick of butter and place butter pieces on top.
  10. Bake for 25 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown.
  11. If you are making this for a party, allow the bread to cool for approximately 15 minutes before inverting the bread onto a platter.  You may also choose to make the icing from the recipe link I posted yesterday.
I have eaten my bread with a cup of coffee OR with a scoop of my very favorite Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream :)  Safe to say, this one is a fall recipe keeper!
 
Enjoy! xoxo

 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. i definitely do not have a batch in the oven right now

    ReplyDelete