Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Thankful... Tuesday?

Look at me switchin' things up over here!  Rebel!  Someone calm me down.

What's a gal to do when she's feeling super thankful?!  Make today Thankful Tuesday!  I know we normally discuss our blessings on Thursdays around these parts, but I just can't contain myself.  I'm feeling blessed beyond measure.  Thankful beyond description.  I'm always amazed that God loves me enough to give me this life.  He floors me constantly.

Today, I'm thankful for friendships.  Have I said that before?!  Yeah, pretty sure I have.  Namely, my best friend - Caitlin.  That girl, y'all.  She's my rock.  My constant laugh.  My voice of reason.  She motivates me and lifts me up.  She's honest and dependable.  And GORGEOUS inside and out!  God could've chosen for us to meet earlier in life.  There were about a thousand ways we could've crossed paths and instantly clicked.  But He saved this friendship for this time in our lives and, for that, I'm truly grateful.  She just GETS me.  Cait, I know you're reading {number one bloggy fan behind Mama Kidwell}. You're my person.  Love your face, hardcore.

I'm especially thankful for God's timing.  Isn't it perfect?!  I've shared before that I'm the type-A, serial planner, OCD-type.  I make lists on lists on lists.  Every time I think I've got life's plans figured out, God surprises me.  He blesses me with plans far better than my own.  He laughs with me as He guides me through understanding these plans I've not anticipated - He knows that, with my personality, not having control is totally unnatural for me.  He is constantly reminding me, "Kate, I got this one."  I am SO glad He does! 

I'm thankful for this country.  That we can do or be whatever or whoever we want.  No matter our age or our life's experiences or any other multitude of factors.  We have the ability to switch careers if we so choose.  Or to go back to school to try something totally different.  Or to pick up a hobby and cultivate that talent.  It's sometimes easy to forget that we are one of the few countries in the world where this is possible.  We are fortunate!

I am thankful for smiling.  Man oh man, it feels good.  Doesn't it?!  I love smiling and I love making other people smile.  It just does something way down deep in your soul.  Give a smile today.  I promise you'll be glad you did.

What are YOU thankful for today?!  Happy Tuesday, friends! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Lerve your BLERG!! but most importantly....LOVE YOU! You are beyond sweet and let me tell you - I'm thankful for you all day err day! Don't know what I did before our friendship. I guess just led a super boring and meaningless life. :)

    ReplyDelete