Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend Re-Hash

Oh, Monday!  You again?!  So soon?!

What a weekend it was!  After days of nothing but sickness, I feel like I haven't blogged in forever.  To catch you up, here are a few little glimpses into my life as of late.

Despite allergy season being in full swing, we've had some truly gorgeous Arkansas weather.  A great excuse for me to spend LOTS of time on the patio during the first part of last week.



To accompany the fall weather is my very favorite fashion season.  I've been loving comfy maxi skirts, bright statement pieces, and cheetah print lately. 


Of course, my obsession with THE lipgloss continues.  I actually wore the hot pink shade the same day I wore the outfit pictured above.  You can never have too much hot pink. {okay, sometimes you can...  but in this instance, I deemed too much pink to be appropriate}


Everything at Old Navy is on sale through tonight - including these fabulous boot socks!  I wore the cheetah print pair to church yesterday and fell in love.


Slippers & coffee.  Enough said.


My good pals Tory Burch, Piko, and I just hangin' out waiting on the doc Thursday.  Just because you don't feel good doesn't mean you can't look good, right?!


Since the iOS 7 update, my poor iPhone 4 just couldn't hold on any longer.  On Friday, she finally died on me {RIP Miss Four}.  Hence, iPhone 5s.  Who knew those things were sold out practically everywhere?!  Thank God for Walmart, because I was able to find the very last iPhone 5s in our area.  The camera is about five gajillion times better than the one on my old phone, so I've been snapping pictures like a crazy lady.  Naturally, I had to use photogenic Henley as my test subject :)  We were on our way home from a quick trip to the farmers market early Saturday morning when we got caught by a train.  Sweet boy LOVED watching the train speed by!


SUPER yummy homemade chicken noodle soup and spinach dip!  Before you ask, I have no earthly clue where you can find the plate OR the super cute soup & crackers bowl.  I got both of them at antique shoppes!



Sweet patooties on Sunday morning!  They love to hang out in the kitchen while I cook, although they don't beg for food because they know better.  Furry friends DON'T eat human food at our house!  They do, however, love to lay on the rug at mama's feet while I stand at the stove.


As if randomly getting a new phone on Friday wasn't enough excitement for one weekend...  During the late-morning on Saturday, I convinced my mom to ride with me to the Hyundai dealership just to look.  That's right, just to look.  And that's exactly what I intended to do!  My car was paid off and I'd been its only owner, so I wasn't in dire need of a vehicle.  Which is why I stunned myself when I left the dealership in this......

Say hello to my new whip - a 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.  She does everything but paint your nails!  Compared to my fairly basic model former vehicle, I feel like a number one stunna when I drive this baby!  Heated seats, panoramic sunroof, navigation system, backup camera...  I'm still wondering how I survived almost 25 years without a backup camera!?!?  I'm taking suggestions for names for the sweet Sonata, which I've deemed is a SHE.  Suggestions welcome :)

Well, it's back on the grind for me!  What are your exciting plans this week?!  I'll be taking it easy and trying to shake the last of this disgusting virus.  Until next time - Have a happy Monday, friendies! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment