Friday, October 25, 2013

This Week, I...

Friday, we meet again!

This week was a good one!  Not for any particular reason, really.  It was just a great week.  Last night set the tone for the weekend with a fun dinner date to a local Cajun spot and some great conversation.  With not many concrete plans for the weekend, I'm looking forward to sleeping in and spending some time just relaxing with Henley & Harlow.

This week, I.....

...had a pretty eventful text conversation with Caitlin that resulted in an impromptu rendezvous for lunch.  We were so hungry that we were about to eat our keyboards.

...got to wear my J. Crew herringbone for the first time!  I already know I will wear this poor thing out this fall and winter.

...tried a new brew.  I'm not super adventurous when it comes to beer and I don't drink very much as it is.  I received a recommendation for this Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale, and a friend surprised me with a 6-pack of bottles after knowing I'd been dying to try it.  Not going to lie..  I historically have hated Blue Moon, but I love this stuff!  It's a great pairing for hearty, fall meals.

...had a nice, slow evening at home.  Speaking of hearty fall meals, I made that delicious new pasta dish I'd mentioned this week.  It's a keeper!  I enjoyed a night with the windows open, fall candles burning, and some relaxation on my couch.


...had lunch outside at the Yellow Umbrella!  And, for dessert, I made a stop by Bruce Terri for the world's best strawberry milkshake.  Bruce Terri is owned by the family of two brothers who were my friends in college.  I try to convince myself that I swing by so often just to say hello and to chat about a shared interest - CrossFit...  But, truly, it's for the coveted milkshake!  {Sorry, Kyrk...}


...used my entire kitchen to fold laundry.  What can I say?!  I have a lot of clothes!  I need all the space I can get.

...enjoyed my favorite Sleepytime Tea with local honey and the book Unglued.  "Early to bed, early to rise, makes the heart healthy, wealthy, and wise!"

...basked in the beauty of my fully bloomed mums.

...got crafty!  I adore this quote and just had to have it displayed in my bedroom.

...made an 8pm trip to Walmart for Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer!  I realized at about 7:45 that I was out, which I then realized would mean no coffee the next morning.  To Wally World, I went!

...wore white pants after Labor Day.  Sue me.

...caught photogenic little Henley Jude in the act!  I really can't handle the cuteness.


...found my favorite new song!  Is this song really old and I'm just now discovering it?!  I don't care.  It came on XM, and I can't stop listening to it.  Love the words.  Love the message.  LOVE.  The end.


What were you up to this week?!  I'd love to hear!  Have a wonderful weekend & be blessed, friends! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment